OilShield – protect your filter cartridge against clogging and reduces fire risk by oil
In the metalworking industry welding carried out on components covered with punching or conservation oils are no exception. OilShield1, Plymovent’s limestone feeder, is especially developed for those oily welding applications.
OilShield is a dosing unit that continuously doses limestone into the ductwork. Oily welding fumes are a serious risk of fire and can lead to high replacement costs of blocked filter cartridges. OilShield minimises the risk of fire in filter cartridges and spontaneous fires in the dustbin. An additional benefit is that limestone is very inexpensive.
How does it work?
The key characteristic of limestone is that it decreases the combustibility of oil. This effective particle absorbs the oily matters. The mixed limestone and oil become a dry matter, where as it reaches the filter, falls down in the dustbin.
The high operational reliability is unique. OilShield features two agitators that keep the limestone in the hopper and feeder in motion, constantly. The agitators are specifically developed and adapted to meet the characteristics of limestone. This technology ensures a steady and uninterrupted feed of the limestone.
The stand-alone unit can be integrated (or configured to communicate) with an existing filter control system by potential free contacts. OilShield offers the best of both worlds. It not only reduces the risks of fire, it also reduces filter maintenance costs considerably.
1) Patent pending
2) Flash point is the lowest temperature at which a liquid produces enough vapours to constitute an ignitable mixture.
- Reduce the risk of fire in filter and dustbin
- Reliable operation; thanks to double agitator technology, automatic start/stop and refill alarm
- Increase the lifespan of filter cartridges
- Reduce operational and maintenance costs
- Integrated rim extraction; prevents dust clouds
- Easy to install in new and existing systems
- Stand-alone or integrated in existing control system
- All welding and cutting applications represent a potential fire hazard. OilShield is recommended to be used for applications using low flash point2 oils.