Motorized spring-assisted hose reel
For a facility with high ceilings and vehicles that generate high exhaust temperatures, the ideal exhaust extraction system must remove the hoses safely out of the way. This allows operators to access other appliances such as cranes or lifts, while also reducing the risk of damaging vehicles or operator injury. MSHR addresses all these challenges, as it takes up a small space, can be mounted to the ceiling or on a wall, and functions best in service areas that have fixed service areas. Combining the benefits of Plymovent SER and MHR hose reels, MSHR relies on a sealed coil spring cassette and a single phase motor that includes limit switches and thermal overload protection. This powerful combination of motor and spring enables MSHR to manage the lifting capacity required of today’s higher temperature hoses.
Easy to operate
A number of up/down control devices are available for a problem-free exhaust extraction system: wall-mounted, pendulum, or radio, based on your facility setup and operators’ preferences.
Efficient exhaust extraction
Whether you install a single hose reel with fan attached or a number of hose reels with a control system, MSHR can serve as the critical component in a cost-effective and energy-efficient solution. Multiple hose reels may require a system that includes micro-switch controllers to automatically turn on and off the fans as hoses are lowered and raised. In the event your facility does not need all hose reels functioning at one time, dampers can be installed to improve energy efficiency, based on the work patterns of your service technicians.
Our experts will recommend a proper fan and hose based on your facility’s airflow, vehicle types and exhaust temperatures. MSHR can be used with hose diameters of 100, 125, 160 and 200 mm (4, 5, 6, and 8 in.). Plymovent offers a range of nozzles based on the tailpipe shape and its position on the vehicle. You can count on our team’s successful designs and installation experience to achieve a long-term solution that removes harmful gases and particulate matter from your facility. When operators breathe clean air in their work environment, they are healthier and more productive.
- Easy to operate
- Efficient exhaust extraction
- Designed to lift heavy high-temperature hoses
- Made with zinc coated and powder coated steel components
- Ability to mount on wall or ceiling
- Option to mount on swing boom to service two bays
- Standard overload relay and circuit breaker protects from accidental strain
- Enclosed spring cassette prevents the spring from causing injury during operation
- Maximum lifting capacity: 28 kg (62 lbs) for 100 to 160 mm (4 to 6 in.) hoses; 25 kg (55 lbs) for 200 mm (8 in.) hose
- Heavy-duty vehicle workshops
- Public works service garages
- Mass transit service facilities
- Fleet maintenance facilities
- Vocational technical schools